GE Reuter Stokes manufactures a line of neutron fission counters and chambers for various applications. Our standard fission counters utilize a uranium coating enriched in the 235U isotope to provide the maximum possible neutron sensitivity from these detectors. These detectors come in sizes from 0.5 inch (12.7 mm) in diameter up to 3.12 inches (79.4 mm) in diameter and active lengths up to 40 inches (1 meter). These detectors are ideal for neutron measurement applications in extremely high gamma dose rates, up to 106 R/hr.
Applications include nuclear safeguards for spent fuel measurements, start up detectors for research reactors and wide range reactor control.
- All welded and brazed construction to ensure a detectors with a hermetic seal and long life
- The Uranium is electroplated with processes developed and perfected over 40 years
- Aluminum construction available to minimize neutron activation and absorption
- Ideal for neutron measurements in extreme gamma dose environments
– See more at: www.gemeasurement.com