GE manufactures Reuter Stokes SRM/IRM, WRNM, LPRM and universal dry tubes for the boiling water reactor fleet. The dry tube assemblies provide a housing for the sensors and position the sensors in the core region of the reactor. All of our dry tube assemblies form part of the pressure boundary of the reactor pressure vessel; their design manufacture and factory testing conforms to the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section III, Nuclear Power Plant Components.
- All components are manufactured from type 304, 304L, 316 or 316L stainless steel.
- Components are manufactured from low carbon (0.035 percent maximum) and low cobalt (0.05 percent maximum) materials to improve component-joining methods and reduce activation, resulting in lower disposal costs.
- Welds are designed to reduce residual stress and heat sensitization.
- All welds are crevice-free, which significantly increases the resistance to IGSCC and IASCC and decreases the frequency of in-vessel visual inspections by 50 percent as compared to older creviced dry tubes.
– See more at: www.gemeasurement.com