GE’s line of automated, in-line plate testers span applications from steel strips used in Spiral Welded and Electro-Resistance Welded Pipes to heavy plates used in wind tower and other demanding structural applications. These systems are complete turnkey systems ready to integrate into customer production lines.
- Configurations available for plates 1.5 m – 5 m (4.92 – 16.40 ft.) in width and 6 mm – 100 mm (.24 – 3.94 in.) in thickness
- Material handling solutions available for plates up to 55 m (180 ft.) in length.
- Probe arrays available for top or bottom surface testing.
- Optional edge, head and tail inspection capability
- Probe holders with hardened steel slides ensuring long life and ultrasonic probe protection.
- Ultrasonic probes provided in separate Transmitter and Receiver crystals to ensure proper part inspection.
- Variable linear throughput speeds up to 1000mm/s (3.28 inches/s)
- Report generator stating the condition of every plate evaluated according to the chosen standard
– See more at: www.gemeasurement.com